Website graphics can greatly enhance your website and convey your point better to your readers and users. Here are a few tips:
- Use relevant and helpful graphics. If the graphic doesn’t add to the content, pick a better graphic.
- Size the images to fit with the text.
- Make sure the file size is as small as possible without losing graphic fidelity. Though many of us have high-speed connections, there is no reason to upload a large graphic just to display on a computer screen. Many visitors will be using mobile devices too.
- Use PNG files if you can over JPG files.
- Add an ALT tag. This will help with SEO and also accessibility readers.
- Don’t use copyrighted images unless you receive permissions or they are free or open licenses.