To use the free CDN that Media Temple provides, Media Temple needs to host the DNS records. Here are the steps to change domain name servers:
- Document your existing DNS records
- In Hover, change the Name Servers to:
- In Media Temple, go to Overview –> click on the domain name –> Edit DNS Zone File
- confirm the IP address match
- mail or email records are not important unless this domain also hosts email accounts.
Wait for DNS changes to propagate. You can check by going to DNSstuff. Sign up for a free account. Go to the DNS Lookup Tool. Type in the domain name and select “NS” DNS record type.
Once the answer is the Media Temple servers above, the migration is done.