After the initial installation and configuration, I read the rest of the MediaWiki manual. Here is a list of the configuration I made:
- Email Confirmation – In the Admin profile, I register my email address and had a confirmation sent.
- Time Zone – In the Admin profile, I set the time zone.
- Rename Main Page – I didn’t like the “Main Page” name and wanted it named something like “articles”. I read the FAQ and found this reference to how to change the Main Page Title.
- Change MediaWiki:Mainpage – In the FAQ, there was a reference to changing not just the Main Page title but the page itself.
- Change MediaWiki:Sidebar – The last thing I wanted to change was the contents of the sidebar.